The Tuners Group's Racecar Engineering & Development Team
The Tuners Group is able to offer a specialised range of race engineering and development services for your track car or race car.
In the tradition of specialised engineering teams like those used in specialised aerospace and defence projects, our Engineering & Development Team is a small team of highly specialised senior experts, with many many years experience.
Team members include extremely experienced race engineers and aerodynamics experts.
We also have our own virtual wind tunnel computational fluid dynamics CFD supercomputer cluster inhouse for aero development.
Our Engineering & Development Team can provide both professional racing teams and privateers with access to specialised engineering skills and knowledge which many teams do not have inhouse.
Our development team is able to provide the full range of services needed to take your car to the next level.
Services available include:
- General racecar engineering development
- Suspension engineering, development, design, setup and tuning
- Aerodynamics development including aero optimisation and design and aero tuning
- Braking systems design and development
- Trackside engineering support
- Custom parts design, development, machining and manufacturing
Engineering & Development Team Members Info
Members of The Tuners Group's Engineering & Development Team include:
- An aerodynamicist & aeronautical engineer who has 20 years of experience, including projects as wide ranging as work on supersonic military projects, GTP racing, IndyCar, top fuel and funny car drag racing projects, wing design, computational fluid dynamics (CFD) and extensive experience in both the Lockheed Wind Tunnel and GM Wind Tunnel.
- A second aerodynamics expert who is a highly accomplished wing designer, highly respected aerodynamics and racing author (with multiple books published on the subject), the principal of a wing design company and the principal of a specialised aerodynamics consulting company, whose work includes advanced aero testing and optimisation in the MIRA wind tunnel.
- A suspension engineer with over 30 years experience, including international experience in Australia, Europe and the USA, including suspension development for Lotus, Aston Martin, Ford Racing, TWR, Renault, TRD and Eibach.
- A race engineer with decades of experience, including car setup, corner balancing, forced induction systems design, and exhaust design and manufacturing, with hands on racing engineering experience in a wide range of categories including Formula Ford, small capacity open wheelers, and Porsche historic racing.
- Adam Richardson, Managing Director of The Tuners Group, who brings 18 years of project car building experience, hands on experience with a number of very successful cars across multiple categories including circuit racing, club racing, Porsche racing, Formula Ford and time attack, extensive computer aided design (CAD) skills, experience in parts design and development projects, consulting experience to companies in Australia, the US, Japan and Europe, and an unquenchable thirst to find the latest breakthroughs in racecar aerodynamics and engineering.
Engineering Services Overview
Adam Richardson, Managing Director of The Tuners Group said about the Engineering & Development Team:
Our years of experience with our customers and teams that we sponsor has taught us that the best way to improve the performance of any track car or race car is to take an engineering driven approach to the development of the car.
There is no substitute for hands on experience when it comes to developing racecars, and we have assembled a team with a collective experience that is exceptional.
Our Engineering & Development Team's combined skills allow us to provide a full range of development services to both professional teams and privateers, to help you cut your lap times, fast track the speed of development of your car, and gives you access to experts who know exactly what works and what doesn't work.
Whether you are looking to make your car handle better, improve your car's aero package, develop custom racing parts, squeeze more power from your car, improve your car's braking performance, improve reliability for endurance events, or to build a time attack monster, we have the skills, knowledge and experience to take your car to the next level.
Want more information ?
If you would like more information about how our Engineering and Development Team can help you, or if you have a particular project you would us to be involved with, please contact us.